When using Power BI or Klipfolio as a business dashboard these are biggest differences:
- Klipfolio refreshes your data more often, starting at 1 hour, with 30 minutes, 15 minute and up to the minute data options also available. Power BI Pro refreshes a maximum of 8 times a day, which is frustrating for a live dashboard as it doesn’t cover a full work day. Power BI Premium can refresh up to 48 times a day, or every 30 minutes. Refreshing more often that in Power BI needs an Enterprise license which starts at $4,995 USD per month.
- Power BI requires a license for each user accessing a Power BI dashboard. All Klipfolio plans purchased from Hart IT come with unlimited users.
- Klipfolio is a specialised business dashboarding tool, and can do that job better and faster.
- Power BI can be used for more detailed data analytics than Klipfolio, but make sure you aren’t replicating functionality that already exists in your other software.
- They both have good mobile apps, but Power BI will need a paid license for each user accessing it through the app.
In summary, if you are wanting a live dashboard that can be easily shared to your whole team Klipfolio will usually be the best choice.